Generating Plant Performance Consultants, LP.
This is your source for a consulting engineer experienced with testing and optimization of electric power generating plant performance. Each of our consultants is a registered professional engineer with over 25 years of experience working in public electric power utilities dealing with heat rate and performance issues of large electric generating plants, including:
- Simple Cycle Gas Turbine Power Plants
- Combined Cycle Power Plants
- Co-generation Power and Process Steam Plants
- Natural Gas and Fuel Oil Fired Power Plants
- Fossil Fueled Steam Turbine Units
- Nuclear Power Plants
Expertise and experience includes:
- Specification, design, coordination, performance and analysis of ASME Performance Acceptance Tests according to ASME Performance Test Codes.
- Design and certification of Primary Flow Meters, including ASME PTC 6 Flow Nozzles and Natural Gas Flow Meters according to AGA Report 3
- Review and certification of electric revenue watt metering.
- Thermodynamic Heat Balance analysis
- Steam turbine efficiency evaluations
- Cycle Isolation walk-downs and verification
- Computer modeling using PEPSE and GateCycle computer codes.
- Nuclear Reactor Power Calorimetric calculations and verification
- Uncertainty Analysis
- Capacity Demonstration Testing and Certification
Extensive experience with the content and application of the applicable national standards and codes, including:
- ASME PTC 6 – Steam Turbines
- ASME PTC 22 – Gas Turbines
- ASME PTC 46 – Net Plant Performance
- ASME PTC 12.4 – Nuclear Moisture Separator Reheaters (MSR)
- ASME PTC 19.5 – Flow Metering
Services offered include acting as:
- Owner Engineer
- Bank Engineer
- 3rd Party Arbitration Engineer
- Performance Test Coordinator
- Customer witness or representative
For more information, please contact:
Last updated April 18, 2011